Monday, October 8, 2007

Post-op

We just got back from New Orleans. The rain and the traffic made for a long trip. As his dad said, everything looks great. Dr. Molony took the nasty tape strips off and now we are just waiting for activation day. This time last week he couldn't sit by himself at all. Now he crawls everywhere he wants to go (and some places you don't want him to.) He can also go from crawling to sitting and back by himself. You can no longer put him on the floor with some toys and think he is going to stay there and play. He takes off following you wherever you go. It's amazing how far his gross motor skills have come in just a weeks time. The doctor asked if he was having any balance problems after the surgery and was surprised when I told him it was actually the opposite - all his balance problems cleared up after the surgery.




8 comments:

Drew's Mom said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! This is EXACTLY what happened with Drew. Isn't it just amazing? I think these little guys will always struggle a bit with balance, but the changes are just amazing.

Go Landon!

Laurie said...

LOOK AT MY BOY ! It is just amazing the diffrence in him this week. It's so hard to believe he is doing so much in a week. We have truly been blessed. Love my boys ! MA MA Laurie

oncalsu said...

Eric and Jennifer,

What a wonderful gift Landon has received. All of the prayers that have been said for him have help. Prayer is a wonderful thing for everyone. This gift is exciting. I am so happy for him and for you as parents.

Give a kiss and hug to Landon for me. Also give a kiss and hug to Conner and Garrett.

Love
Aunt Susan

oncalsu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

That's WILD!!! My balance problems were off the charts after I had my surgery...I couldn't drive at all for two weeks...I was that unbalanced!! I am in awe that your little one has made such ASTOUNDING progress in just one week!! That's incredible...and I'm so happy for you :)
He is just adorable, by the way...he has incredible eyes! :)

swimlappy said...

Hey Eric and Jennifer, its Jason! Love the blog! What a great idea! Look forward to reading more posts

Laurie said...

Hello from Tennessee! I just found you. . .your little Landon is darling. Am glad to hear his surgery went well and that his balance issues have abated. I had balance issues for a MONTH after my surgeries. Kids seems to bounce back quicker than others!

Nice to meet you! May I add your blog to my list of CI blogs?

Eric Seneca said...

Yes, please feel free to post our address and give us yours.