Thursday, May 1, 2008

Landon's progress

I realized I hadn't posted an update on the new things Landon has been doing lately so I thought I'd take a second and get everyone up to date with where he is at.

  1. He has started saying "ta-ta" when we have something he wants.
  2. He did "buh-buh-buh-buh" for the bus.
  3. We've been working on learning his body parts. He's pretty much done each part - he just won't do them all at one sitting. Example: one day he'll point to his eyes when we are working on it, the next day he'll hold up his hands when we do it.
  4. He is trying to say brother - it sounds like "bra-ra" He'll hear the boys in the other room playing and I'll say "call your brothers" and he points at the door and says it.
  5. He understands when I say more milk or bites.
  6. He's started saying "Bye-Bye" instead of just waving.
  7. He loves playing with the bubbles. We've been working on 1-2-3-Blooowwww and we wait after counting to try and get him to do the blow part. He started doing it this past week and even did it at therapy this week. He also started saying pop-pop-pop-pop when we pop the bubbles.
  8. We have play food with velcro that we try to get him to say cut (really just expecting him to make a short sound) and then push the knife through to break them apart. He started doing it last week.
  9. After I change him and get him ready for bed at night, the last thing I tell him before I take his ears off is "Night, night". Now when I tell him that, he reaches up and yanks his ears off and hands them to me.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow...it sounds like the little man's progressing really well!! I just love hearing all the new things he's saying and doing...and knowing that more exciting things are ahead!

Unknown said...

I love checking his website to see the progress. Congratulations. You are doing a great job and Landon is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

I am responding to your message on my blog. I am so glad you wrote - I have been following Landon's progress and your blog helped me so much at the beginning, too. I would love to get your email address, and yes, you can certainly link to my blog on your site.

Unknown said...

Too cute! Ok Jen you better keep on your toes - those three boys are super quick and will keep you busy trying to keep up with their little brains. Give them all a hug from me.
Love, Aunt Sally

MB said...

Amazing! He is doing so well. That play food is so much fun. When our TOD brought some over I had to rush out and buy our own set.