Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm back.

I didn't realize how much I'm on my computer until I lost it. I woke up one morning to find it dead and when I tried to turn the power on all I could smell was something burning - not a good sign. I finally got my new one in last week and got everything hooked back up and working. Now I have to go back and catch up on all the blogs I keep up with. Eric's been in California for a training seminar for work this week so there hasn't been much free time to update the blog. Who am I kidding, there hasn't been ANY free time this week. He calls the kids at night to talk to them, and one of the times Eric was talking to Landon, he said a really good daddy. He has been saying DaDa for a couple of weeks but when I handed him the phone, I said "Say Hi Daddy" and he squealed "DaaDeeee" and then started some ramblings - I'm not sure what he told Eric but he gave him an earful about something. At therapy this week his AVT, Shelley, and I both heard him say what sounded like bubbles when we were blowing them and he also said more when she stopped. I think it caught us both of guard when he said them.
Time to go put the kids to bed - they are pretty wound up knowing that Daddy is coming home tomorrow. They made pictures to bring to the airport for him.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Hi ... I am very new to the deaf/hoh community. My 2mth old Aiden has profound hearing loss in both ears. We are just in the process of getting hearing aids and starting audio-verbal therapy. All this is so new, so overwhelming, but more than anything, so scary!! It is your site and other's that you provide links to that has started me on my healing journey! Thank you for your great story! I love to see all these kids with CI's - it is just absolutely amazing to me! I would love to get in touch with the community more and be able to speak with mom's out there in the same situation as we are. I would love to hear from you! You have three beautiful boys!
Tammy (mjk_tjk@yahoo.com)