Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ling 6 App for the iPhone,iPod Touch,iPad

Eric wrote an application for working on the Ling 6 for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad~~~~and it has been approved by Apple and is now available for purchase in the iTunes store. WAY TO GO ERIC!!!! We were at a point where Landon was tired of doing the typical Ling 6 test in the morning so Eric came up with the idea to do an application so Landon thinks he's playing now and loves doing the test. We can also change the volume on it so we can test his hearing at different levels. He loves to just play with the application during the day saying the sounds~~it helps me by keeping him busy in the grocery store. He's starting to show more independence with his hearing - such as coming to us when the batteries die and helping to change them - so this app will allow him when he's a little older to test his implants himself to make sure they are working properly.


You can see it at the iTunes store here



He's already got ideas for several more applications he is going to write for these devices. His next application is going to be one for teaching the learning to listen sounds. He also wants to figure out how to write one that will quiz the user--for example have it ask "what makes the aahhh sound" and then they will have to pick out the correct picture from a few choices.

4 comments:

Vivie said...

Interesting!

Sadly , I have an Android phone ( iPhone is out of my league ), but congratulations! When you don't have what you need , make it!

I'm looking forward to see what other apps Eric will make!

Eric Seneca said...

That makes two of us, Jennifer loves her iPhone and I want one, but I have my Blackberry for work. But, I do love my iPod touch and that is all I will let Landon use so that he does not call Timbuktu. :-)

The Brights said...

This is awesome! Always looking for something to entertain Tayten while eating out, waiting at the docs office, etc.

Eric, you are just clever!

I will be looking forward to see what other creative apps you come up with!

tammy said...

Very cool. I will definitely have to look for it on my iPhone. Aiden already knows how to work it quite well so I'll be excited to see how he does with this app! Congrats and I look forward to see what other apps you come up with!