Thursday, September 4, 2008

Aftermath

Here's a few pictures we took on the way to my parents. These aren't from the worst part of town either.


These are the pilings for a new bridge they are building over the Amite River. It will be high like a normal bridge and you can usually see down to the bottom where they go into the dirt. This is the new threat from Gustav - flooding.


Why there is no power.


This sign is in better shape then most.


This is a common site - the bottom of a tree that was pulled up roots and all.


A church that lost it's steeple.


There's 3 trees in a row that were pulled up at the roots. The front one landed across a truck.

6 comments:

leah said...

Oh, my! I think I'll keep our blizzards up here than deal with hurricanes! It is amazing how much damage can be caused!

Unknown said...

I am glad you guys are okay! Take care!

tammy said...

So glad you made it through! WOW .. the damage these storms cause is very scary!

tammy said...

Oh ... and as I'm catching up on the rest of your blog I see #4 is on the way!!! CONGRATS! That is so exciting!

Tammy Seneca said...

Great pics... WAFB has a great Gustav Photo Gallery...
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8929420

(Gotta admit... freaky little baby bubble for Thing 4.. HeHe)

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are all okay and that you have power again. And congrats on #4!