Monday, December 10, 2007

National Championship Game

For those of you who requested it, here's a picture of Landon in his LSU uniform and our internet friend Drew in his OSU uniform (thanks Jenny for letting us post him here). We met Drew and his family through the CICircle yahoo group. Drew was born 3 days before Landon and was blessed to receive his bilateral implants at eight months old. His mom has been a wonderful source for help on our journey since she is going through everything before me. I got the idea for the undershirts for Landon after seeing the setup they were using for Drew's bodyworn processors. My sister Cindy has been the sewing queen for me making a bunch of them and they are working out great. It's a lot easier than the babyworn clip that we initially started with.

We've "met" quite a few families on the CICircle that have young kids with implants and they have all been so helpful - any time we have a question or problem we just stick it out there and I always get tons of responses. You can check out some of the kids stories on their blogs - down on the right under CI blogs. I check them constantly to see how the kids are doing. I've been going back to some of the older posts on Drew's so that I can have an idea of when he was responding to certain things and it gives us an idea of what to expect from Landon. I know this is all off topic from what the picture is for but just wanted to send a Thank You to all those moms out there that have been down the CI path for keeping up their blogs and helping all of us newbies out.

As far as the picture - looks like Drew and Landon will be on opposite sides for this one. All I can say on that is Tiger Bait, Tiger Bait :-) The boys will probably sleep through the game anyway. Good Luck Buckeyes - but Go Tigers!

GEAUX!!!!!!

8 comments:

Drew's Mom said...

I'm glad to hear that we have been helpful to you guys. It's been just about a year now since we "met". We'll have to meet in person one of these days!

We have also enjoyed our "virtual" friends. It is nice to have people to "talk" to and get ideas from. There are so many amazing people that have come into our lives as a result of this experience and I am greatful for that always.

We'll be on different sidelines for the game, but the same one in this journey!

Go Bucks!

Jennifer said...

Way, way, WAY too cute!! They are both just adorable!!! And I am impartial...I root for neither team! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!
This is seriously the cutest thing I've seen in awhile!
(Go Ohio!)

diber said...

Geaux Tigers!!!!
(I graduated from LSU's grad school this spring.)

Tammy Seneca said...

Jennifer (Landon's Mom) has turned the entire family onto your blogs and we have been keeping up with all these wonderful little kids!

With that said... we love Drew and we are so proud of him, but I am sorry to say that Ohio State is Tiger Bait!!!

Go Tigers!!!! Time for another National Championship!!! :-)

Laurie said...

I think the Tigers and the Bucks are already winners with these two little guys. Watch out world here they come !!!!!!!!!!!!!MaMa Laurie

Cloggy said...

We are very lucky to have the internet to connect us all.

Can you imagine 20 years ago.... finding the information.... getting in touch.
A nightmare compared to now.

Just a quick question:
Has any of you been using Cued Speech with your kids?

Kristen said...

I think it is great how we can all inspire each other. We all need each other to help us on this journey. It is wonderful how we can keep current on our little one's lives through the Internet. Thank you!